The family BBQ for Father’s Day was a great excuse for some baking. It’s been a little while, but I still love to bake and it’s fun to create new things sometimes! I wanted to create an exciting pudding for the children to enjoy, but also the grown ups too! Sometimes it is nice to have a pudding that brings out your inner child! I wanted to pretend that it was summer at least, so that meant an ice cream pudding! One of my favourite ice creams is Ben and Jerry’s Cookie Dough, so I decided to work cookies into it by creating a cookie bowl. It was so easy to do, I will definitely be making these again! The recipe I got from my sister, and it is so good it is now the only one I use!
- 125g soft butter
- 100g light brown sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add the egg and vanilla, beat well.
- Add flour and salt, making sure everything is mixed well.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix evenly.
- Melt some butter and cover the inside of a muffin tray.
- Get a ball of cookie dough mixture and press down around the inside of the muffin tray creating 12 bowls.
- Bake at 180 c for 10 minutes.
- Take out and let cool before transferring to a wire tray to finish cooling and setting.
The bowls look pretty full when they come out of the oven, but they settle back down during the cooling process.
We then filled with vanilla ice cream, covered in chocolate sauce and smarties!! Although this part is just a suggestion! Fill it with whatever you fancy! Delicious! Have a go, let me know what fillings you used!!